To complement primarily research-focused activities like COMBINE seminars, our program includes the skill-focused Peer-to-peer (P2P) Tutorial Week. This event is held every Winter and Summer. Students work in small groups of 3-4 preparing tutorials for their peers. Groups and topics are formed by the trainees themselves, with each group advised by one or more COMBINE faculty members of its choosing. Example topics might include: understanding high throughput DNA sequencing, analyzing phase transitions in biochemical systems, and writing computer scripts to collect online data.
- Statistical and Machine Learning Workshop
- Mentoring Undergraduate Researchers: A Practical Guide for Graduate Student Mentors
- Go with the (Tensor)Flow: Training simple neural networks using Keras
- “Git” it Together: Tools for Reproducible Science
- Tex’ What You Can Get: Introduction to LaTeX for Academic Writing